Here's some infomation about deleting a user. Before deleting a user, you should read through this carefully (and consider the effect of deleting a user). Once a user is deleted, it is not possible to reactivate a the user.
When I delete a user, what happens to their leads?
- Deleting a user doesn't delete their leads.
- Previous call notes and activity will still record the name of the deleted user (so for compliance you can still see what activity was carried out) *
- You will no longer be able to use the 'user' filter on search leads to search for the deleted users leads as that user no longer exists.
- You can see on an export which user was assigned to these leads
- You may want to choose to move the leads across to an active user before deleting a user just to make searching easier and reply emails
What will happen to my reports?
- You will no longer be able to use the 'user' filter on your Reports as that user no longer exists.
- The User Activity Report removes the users statistics once you delete that user.
- User Task / Event Report will no longer show the number of tasks by the deleted user.
- The Audit report uses ' Auth Name' you will no longer see the username. Instead, actions will appear as [Deleted]
- The ROI Assigned User Report will still list the name of the user assigned to the lead (even if the user has now been deleted).
- The Lead Assigned User Report will still list the name of the user assigned to the lead (even if the user has now been deleted).
- The Status Change User Report & Status Change Detail Report will still list the name of the user that changed the status (even though it's now been deleted).
What happens when I receive an Email / SMS is replied to ?
Emails that were sent manually (by a deleted user)
- The email reply allocates back to the person that sent the email. (Irrespective of whether the deleted user sent the email in their name OR the site's name).
- You can view the replies by selecting 'all users' on the drop down menu from your home screen.
- If the Lead is now assigned to a new user, The reply will be allocated to the new user.
Emails Sent by the system. (Via a Workflows or through Lead actions)
- The email reply allocates back to the person that sent the email. If the email has been sent in the persons name (deleted user) the replies will allocate to the deleted user.
- If the email was sent in the site's name, The replies will allocate to the assigned user. .
For emails sent in bulk,
The reply will come back to the person who sent the email unless the user selected another option when they carried out the bulk email i.e
SMS Replies behave the same as email replies.
- 'send in sites name' - The replies will then allocate back to the leads assigned user.
- or 'send as me' - The replies will allocate back to the person sending the bulk email.