You may need to add documents to a lead – (for example policy documents, signed paperwork etc). First use the search box to search for the customer.
click the 'New' button on the Lead Summary Page
select the 'Document' option from the drop down
You will now see the 'Add Document' Screen (below). Click on the
'Choose File' button. You will then be prompted to search for
the document you wish to upload, select the document when found, give
it a Description and then Click 'Add' to upload.
Please Note: * The maximum file size you can upload is 10MB and various file types can be uploaded (Jpeg,XLS,CSV) etc.
You now can see the Document in the Lead stream (as below).
Deleting & Viewing uploaded documents.
- In this case, the current user could also delete the document from the Lead (by clicking on X),
- The ability to remove this option from users is in Settings>Users>Edit. Under Managing Leads untick 'Enable delete notes, calls & documents'
To view a document from a lead
- To view a document from a lead, just click the square 'view' button beside the document name. This will download the file for the user to view.
- The download will be presented in the same format it was uploaded.
Please Note: * The maximum file size you can upload is 10MB. It is possible you could compress the size of a file.
To compress (or zip) a file or folder
- Locate the file or folder that you want to compress.
- Right-click the file or folder, point to Send to, and then click Compressed (zipped) folder. A new compressed folder is created in the same location. To rename it, right-click the folder, click Rename, and then type the new name.
- Compress and uncompress files (zip files) - Help
Alternatively you could host the file on-line (dropbox or something) and add the location of the file as a note on the lead.