To begin your workflow automatically, once created (as instructions below) , you must set a Lead Type Action. Starting a workflow on an event ie. Start workflow on event "Received".
- After so many days / hours of a lead being received or a workflow starting or maybe a certain date held on your lead (I.e to send an email an hour after you have received the enquiry) For this option, please select the schedule from “Hour started”
- On the hour to run at certain times of the day (I.e 9am, 12pm, 3pm) .For this option, select the schedule from “Day started”
- so many days before or after a Date field on your lead
- Skip Saturdays & Skip Sundays: This would not run any actions if they fall on a Saturday or Sunday if you are using the Hour Started scheduling option. If you are using the Day Started or Date Field on Lead schedule option, the actions will be rescheduled starting Monday so if you had one action fall on Saturday and one on Sunday, these would run Monday and Tuesday instead.
- Run missed: This works in a few ways. If you are scheduling an action let's say at 9am but the workflow starts at 10:30 am, the first action would run only if you have "run missed" actions ticked. (If it's not ticked, we would wait for your next action at i.e 12 pm) Note: If "run missed" was ticked and you also have skip Saturdays and Sundays selected, if an action fell on a Saturday or Sunday, it would run these actions on Monday (the next working day)
- Pause until complete: This will allow you to pause further actions until the last action is complete. Regardless of whether you are using Run Missed and/or Day Started, no other actions will be raised until the paused action has been completed and the following actions will be scheduled based on the time the paused action was completed (Same behavior as Hour Started).
- First action set at 2 hours - this then runs 2 hours after the workflow is started
- Next action set at 2 hours – this then runs 2 hours after the last action
- Next action set at 3 hours - this then runs 3 hours after the last action
- First action set at 9 hours - this then runs at 9:00 am
- Next action set at 3 hours – this then runs at 12 pm (3 hours after)
- Next action set at 3 hours - this then runs at 3 pm (3 hours after)
A few examples:
- You may have a date field on the lead 'Installation Date'. You can set a workflow to start 2 days before this date. Or 7 days after.
- Set a workflow so that it starts 5 days after the date of referral, or 20 days after the lead is received.Or whatever you need!.
This option will let you start a workflow from a range of dates as follows:
- The date the lead was received
- The date the lead was referred
- The date the lead was delivered via internet
- Last Note/Call Date
- A date that you are holding on a lead.
If there's no date there, the workflow won't start.
Look at the left of the actions which tells you the day and the hour (time) the action will run and consider adding in days to move your actions onto a new day
You can have several workflows for your sales process, with different 'triggers' (on event received / on event status changed) the older workflow is stopped when the new workflow is started – so you only have one sequence running at any one time.